Arefeen Hridoy: HR Interview Room Common Question and Answers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

HR Interview Room Common Question and Answers


It is always tricky when HR at the end of the interview says “Is there anything you would like to ask me?
So friends please ask some questions because they aren’t looking for incurious people. Ask some questions that shows HR that you are interested in the company and career, information about work, formulate your questions based on information you hear during the interview. Interviewers don’t like being cross-examined. Ask friendly questions and be alert to clues regarding this person’s satisfaction with the company.
There are  some common questions and answers for the 
We hope you'll enjoy it

Question-1: Tell me about yourself
 
Format 1
Good Morning Mam/Sir;.

In this pleasurable moment First of all thanking you to give this golden opportunity.

My GOOD name is Poornima. S from Salem.

About my educational qualification is now I pursuing MCA in M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, I completed my Under graduation in Mahendra Arts and Science College and I completed my schooling at Jayarani Girl's Higher Secondary School.

My family contains 5 members My father is a tailor, mother is homemaker, elder sister working and younger brother is studying.

I am Interesting in Adobe Photoshop and Software Engineering.

My Short time goal is to serve for our Organization by providing my hard work and flexible service to the customers, I want to achieve something different in my field that should be unique feature compare to other software and.

My long time goal is to became a good leader of our Organization.

My Strength is Responsible person, good leader definitely I create more leaders not followers, gregarious person because I am easily adapt in an environment, keep my surrounding peace and move friendly with others.

My weakness is I never feel comfort until I finish my work and I always think about my work how to do best.

My hobbies are use out of wastes for that I got second prize and hearing songs.

Finally I want to be banyan support to our organization and to my family.

Thank you for giving this golden opportunity.

Format 2 

Good morning mam/sir,

First of all I am feeling very happy for getting this opportunity to introduce myself in-front of you.

This is Pavani from Westgodavari. My home town is tadepalligudem.

As per my education, I completed my schooling in my home town. After that I got a seat in iiit nuzvid for six years integrated course. I completed my pre-university course with 85%. And Now I am doing b-tech 3rd year in mechanical engineering. Up to this year I secured 7. 5 gpa in my b-tech.

Now coming to my family, we are 4 members including me. My father is a farmer, and my mother is our home maker, and my sister was got married.

My hobbies are reading novels and playing shuttle.

Coming to my attitude, my strengths are hard working nature and patience and resistance to change, and good managing skills.

Weakness is I easily get depressed when some one make me hurt.

And finally my goal is to settled in job where I get work satisfaction and chance to increase my knowledge and skills. At the same time I try my level best to "as I am being their employee they feel proud of me".


Format 3 
I would like to thank you sir to give me this golden opportunity to introduce myself in front of you.

I am Nagamani from vijayawada. I completed my B-Tech in mechanical engineering. I got 70% in B. Tech.

ABOUT FAMILY:.

My father name is venkateswararao, he is a farmer. My mother name is seshukumari, she is home maker. My sister name is nagajyothi, she is studying B. Tech first year.

My hobbies:.

My hobbies are making greeting cards and chit chat with my friends and playing with children.

My strength is self confidence and positive thinking and my weakness is sensitive person.

My aim is to get a good job with full satisfaction and work-hard.

Other than my studies my aim is to reduce poverty in out country and help to poor people those who are in under poverty line.

I participated in many cultural activities in my college like Essay writing, debate, group discussions, organizing, rangoli. I got prizes in each and every event. I feel I have leadership qualities. I will try to improve my skill and I am freely communicated with others.

This is all about myself.

Once again thank you to giving this great opportunity.


Format 4
Good Evening sir/mam.

I'm very glad to view myself.

I'm Revathy from Chennai.

I'm undergoing my BE degree in electronics and communication Engineering field in SMIT.

I'm graduated my intermediate with 90% and 10th with 92% in Jaigopal Garodia, chennai.

I'm one of 4 members in my sweet family. My Father is shopkeeper and Mother is Homemaker. And one sister doing her degree in commerce.

Though my parents are not well educated, I'm very Passionate in studies.

My Hobbies are surfing, making more friends, listening music.

I'm not having any weakness and that is my strength.

I wish to be a good person in front of all.

My dream is to do research in Electronics.

Thank You for your patience sir/mam.
 

Format 5

Firstly I would like to thank for giving me this golden opportunity.
Hai this is Kalaiselvi from Tamilnadu. I did my schooling from methodist girls higher secondary school at my native place. And I completed my degree BE computer science and engineering from M. I. E. T engineering college, Trichy. I got 75% out of that.

Then regarding my hobbies reading comedies, hearing songs, cooking, playing indoor games.

Coming to my family, we have 4 members including me. My father is a driver, and my mother is a home maker. I have one younger sister. She is studying.

Getting to my strength is I am flexible in any environment where I utilize my skills very efficiently. And I am a positive. I am quick learner and hard worker.

Getting to my weakness is I am easily accept my mistakes but I am able to over come this weakness. And I don't feel better until I complete my work.

My short term goal is to get placed in reputed company and my long term goal is to attain a respectable and knowledgeable position where an organization never lose me at any circumstances.

Once again thanking you to all. 


Format 6
Good morning sir/madam,

I'm very glad to be here in front of you thank you for giving this opportunity and also I'm very happy to introduce myself.

I'm Bhasarath coming from Trichy airport. I'm studying final year B.Sc physics in jamal mohamed college with 80%.

My family consist of four members my father working as a record clerk in government school and my brother working as a executive in firstsource my mother house maker.

My hobbies are watching news television and reading books and listening music.

My strength is easily adapting any environment.

My goal is reach to the greatest position through my knowledge and hard work and to make my firm as a no1 place permanent.

These all about me thank you once again.


Format 7
Good morning sir/mam;. 

First of all I would like to say thank you sir/mam for give me golden opportunity.

Myself Somnath kumar from Dhanbad, jharhhand.

I was just completed BE ECE from ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY, securing 7 in cgp. I did my schooling from Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Shyamdih, katrash, dhanbad, securing 59. 2% in 10th and 58% in 12th.

My family consists 5 members including me.

My father is service man in BCCL n my mother is a house wife n I have 2 elder sister. Both have been married.

My interest part is mobile communication n VLSI n networking.

My hobbies are listening to music, reading books n serving the internet.

My strength are I have an ability to work 24*7 at anywhere, clean learner and patience.

My weakness is I never comfortable until finish my off my work in time.

My short time goal is to serve for your organisation. My long time goal is to higher position of this company by applying my hard work and dedicated to the job.

Thank you for giving this opportunity to me.

Format 8
Good morning sir/mam.

First of all I would like to say thank you for giving this golden opportunity to introduce myself.

This is Minithra devaraj from natham.

Devaraj is my father name and vigneshwari is my mother name. I have one elder brother and he is working in London.

Coming to my education.

I am doing my ug degree BSc (cs) in npr arts & science college at natham. Till 4th semester I have secured 88. 9% and I did my schooling from st. Mary's matric higher secondary school in kanchipuram. I have secured 78% in both 10th & 12th.

And my hobby is playing chess in computer.

My short term goal is to be part of your company and be a part of its productivity.

My long term goal is to become a responsible and knowledgeable person and respectable position in my company where I am working and to help blinded person and others.

My strength is quick learner, perfect in my works and move friendly with others.

My weakness means that I will feel uncomfortable until I complete my work within time.

I am glad to share about myself before you.

Thank you.


Format 9
Good morning/evening sir.

I am Rohit. I am pursuing B-Tech, mechanical engineering.

I was born and brought up in Mumbai till standard 12. I had always dream of studying in CoEP, which I fulfilled.

I have been a good student throughout. That shows in my academic record, sir.

I secured 89. 38% in std 10 and stood 3rd in district (in MHT CET'09) and 212th in maharashtra state out of 2, 65, 000 students, for which I was awarded by several organisations, including the press club, in the city.

My strengths are: hard work, focus, intelligence, humility, learning fast, effective communication skills and good personal relations.

My weakness is laziness, on which I have worked a lot and reduced, to a great extent.

My aim is to create, for myself, an efficacious position in the company I work in, which would help me grow as an engineer and as an administrator.

I would be highly obliged to work for this company and contribute to its growth.

Thanking you.

Format 10
Good morning sir/madam.

First of all I would to thank you for giving me such a golden opportunity to introduce myself.

Myself, Saroj kumar mandal. Basically I belong to jharkhand.

My family consists of 5 members. My father who is a business man, mother, elder sister, me and younger brother.

As far as my educational background is considered, I am a student of chemical engg currently studying at NITK surathkal having CGPA 8. 4 up to current semester. I passed intermediate of sciences in 2009 securing 90%.

My field of interest is petroleum refining (upstream).

I did my Industrial training in ONGC. There, I got the opportunity to learn upstream production of CBM gas.

I also got the chance to experience refining processes of crude. I spent nearly one month in MRPL refinery.

Continuing to intern.

I did my summer intern in YOKOGAWA India ltd during May-July 2012.

Career objective :.

My short term goal is to get start with any refineries as of yours. This will give me a great chance to learn and keep growing in the field of interest.

My long term goal is to become a successful leader in the field of interest.

Strong point :.

I am quick learner, consistent with performance, easily get adept to different environments, love working in groups.

Hobbies.

I used to play tennis. I love playing this game and also practice hard for big steps. Music, gardening etc.

Thank you.


Format 11
Good Morning Mam/Sir;.

In this pleasurable moment First of all thanking you to give this golden opportunity.

About my educational qualification is now I pursuing MCA in M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, I completed my Under graduation in Mahendra Arts and Science College and I completed my schooling at Jayarani Girl's Higher Secondary School.

I am Interesting in Adobe Photoshop and Software Engineering.

My Short time goal is to became good and hardworking person in your Organization and my long time goal is to became a good leader of an Organization and family.

My Strength is Responsible person, gregarious person because I am easily adapt in an environment, keep my surrounding peace and move friendly with others.

My weakness is Little bit of fear about failure because of it affect other so that it does't drop me down due to fear I am not comfort until complete my work perfectly and after finish my work I just refer more twice with my experienced staffs.

Thank you sir/mam for giving this wonderful opportunity.


Format 12
Good Morning to all.

I would like to thank you for this opportunity.

I am Raji.

My home town is Salem.

I have completed my graduation with 76% in Salem Government College.

I have done my schooling from Salem.

My father is a business man.

My mother is a home maker.

And then, my brother is doing B.Com.

Then,

My hobbies are Playing chess, reading books, chat with friends.

My strength is hard work, never give up my goal.

My weakness I believe other easily.

Than you very much to give this opportunity.

Format 13
Good morning Sir/Madam.

First of all I am thanking you for giving me this golden opportunity.

I am B. Nithish Kumar I'm fresher. Recently done with my B-Tech in Electronic and Communication stream.

About my Education Qualification.

I have done my schooling in KYMHS High School where I secured 62% of marks.

Then I have done my 10+2 in Nallanda Junior College where I secured 74. 99% of marks & I have done my B. Tech in CMR College of Engineering and Technology where I secured 61% of marks.

I have participated in Campus Connected Program which was conducted by our college it's an spark program where I gained lots of knowledge like leadership, team work co-ordination in team. And many more.

About my strengths I believe in myself. Self motivated and hard working.

About my weakness is I'm sensitive I overcome it as I said I'm self motivated.

My short term goal is to get placed in a reputed company like yours which will give me an opportunity to enhance my skills & knowledge.

My long term goal would be reaching The higher and respectable position in a company where I am working.

My Hobbies are Playing basketball, listening music even I love to sing in my free time.

About my family My father B. Krishna rao he's running catering business and My mother B. Saraswathi she's home maker.

Thank you Sir for giving me this opportunity.
Format 14
Good morning Sir/Madam.

I am Naresh, I am from Hyderabad.

Coming to my qualification.

I have completed my MCA in the year 2011 from Os mania University.

With an aggregate of 66%.

Coming to my Graduation.

I have completed my graduation in the year 2008 from Kakathiya University.
With an aggregate of 75%.

Coming to schooling.

I did my schooling with 84. 8% in 12th stranded answer 80% in 10th. $&.

I have completed java course and oracle in inets solv, hyd.

Coming to my Family back-ground.

My family consists of 4 members including me.
My father is a former and my mother is a home maker.
And I have one younger sister, she currently studying final B.Sc.

Coming to my Hobbies.

My hobbies are reading books and playing games.
My strength is hard work and self-confidence.

Thank you for giving this opportunity.
Format 15
Good morning sir/madam;

Firstly I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity and it's my pleasure to introduce myself.

I am ARUN from erode Tamil nadu. I have completed my BCOM from Arul Anandar College it affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University with an aggregate 64. 63% and I have completed my +2 and schooling from government higher secondary school.

Telling me about my family my mother working in school my father was passed away and coming to my hobbies are net surfing, playing chess.

I am fresher and have no work experience in any company.

My strength is I can adopt easily in any type of environment.

My short term goal is to get placed in a reputed company like yours which will give me an opportunity to enhance my skills and Knowledge.

My long term goal would be reaching the higher position in your company.

That's all about me sir. Thank you for giving such a wonderful opportunity.

   Question-2: Why should I hire you?

Format 1

 Sir/madam.
 As I am fresher, I would like to be adaptable towards my work and environment. Showing interest and enthusiasm as fresher is quite common. Every fresher want be recognize by the higher  authority for that he will use his total knowledge and skills which he has. Everything want to develop and increment in the product progress, this type of spirit will be in freshers blood only. So I am requesting you to give the opportunity to prove me once.

Format 2     

 Sir, I will answer your question in two parts. First one is "Why a fresher?" and "Why me?". Why a fresher?Fresher has the ability to mould himself to any environment and when a task is given to him he sees it in a completely different way. Now "why me?". Fresher has one defect in him that is he is capable of doing enough mistakes when a task is given to him. But I am quick at rectifying my mistake.

Format 3

Sir, I am a hardworking guy with a good technical knowledge and a communication skill and I have a deep desire to do innovative things and if you hire me I will assure that this will make me to apply my innovative ideas on my work given by you which will make myself and your company to achieve a superior position in the racing world.
Thank you,

Format 4

Sir\madam,
Even though I'm a fresher, I can't say I am the best for our organisation but my mind set entirely free to mangle with new persons and work together for development of company, if you give this wonderful opportunity to me I will be definitely give innovative ideas to the development of company and I also improve well.I could mould myself accordance with your company, I am accountable, a good term player, hardworking, have very good communication skills and I have the basis rules of health and safety environment, I will concentrate on the growth of the company which obviously will improve my growth and skills.

Format 5

Sir coming to me, am a fresher and am start my career I agree, though I have no experience. I have attitude to learn new things and hardworking. According to your company environment I can manage the job if you will give an opportunity. I will do my level best.

Format 6

Sir,
I am fresher So I can mold myself to any kind of environment. I wants to improve my knowledge and Skills. I am very Enthusiastic to do this job. If you give opportunity to prove my self I can. I want to take part in your Success.
Even though am a fresher to this job, I am having interest in the job from my schooldays. And I will work hard, with dedication, smart work and learn more to finish the work soon allocated to me. Am a team player and also work along with my colleagues to finish the work with in the time.

Format 7

Sir,
Being new to this field and the working environment, it would take a little time but I assure you that I will try to give my best whenever an opportunity given to me.

Format 8

 Sir,
As am fresher,I can mould to any type of environment and I put all my efforts in part of your company success by applying the innovative ideas, hard working and learning the new things eagerly for development of your company in competitive position

Format 9

Sir,
As I am a fresher I can't say that I am the best for our organisation, but I think you can hire me because I can easily mingle with team members & will give my best for company's development in both hard and smart work. If you give me this wonderful opportunity then I will definitely do my best to give a good output with punctuality and honesty.
Thank you. !           

Format 10 

Sir, 

You should hire me not just because I am highly qualified, you should hire me for reality in my work. Because many people don't realize what and why they are doing. For doing work we need to no what we are doing then only the work experience comes. And we realize the work we do our best because of our interest. 

The amount of dedication and honesty which is induced in me separates out me from other guys. Definitely this isn't over confidence but I can say this is my confidence level.

I believe for an organisation to achieve highest mark of success, dey need the honest and dedicated persons, Just like me.

Format 11

Sir,
As a fresher I am the person who likes to gain knowledge and add some innovatory ideas to it. It would be a great opportunity for me to work with such a well-known organization.
           

Format 12

Sir, I am sure your company will get benefited if you hire me, otherwise I think my capabilities will be utilized by the opportunities that will be provided by your competitors.
Firstly I would thank you for giving me an opportunity to attend this interview.
I am positive minded and hardworking and believe in adjusting with the work environment provided as well as I believe in honesty and punctuality and working cordially with all others, learning from the superiors as well as imparting useful skills and knowledge to the juniors when required.
It will be my pleasure to be a part of such a reputed and esteemed organization.

Format 13

Sir,
As I am a fresher. I am in a stage in which I can develop my skills with regarding environment or situation and to try get knowledge as possible as I will. If you hire me I'll definitely prove your decision right (true) by giving my best.

Format 14

Respected Sir/Madam,
It's my great pleasure to be part of this company. As a fresher this is my best plat form I had even got it and want to earn knowledge & experience by sending as part of your company & I assure you that you will never be disoppointed from my side. But I am nor saying that I am the best person among all other candidates but from my side I will give my 100%.

    Question-3: What are your strengths and weaknesses?


Format 1

Strengths: I'm a positive attitude, quick and good decision taker, responsibility and self confidence person. Weakness: I never share my personal things to others and I am a sentiment person.

Format 2

Strengths:
Self confidence, self motivated, positive thinking. And I learn new things with my and others mistakes. And I will never repeat those mistakes again. I am easily adoptable to any environment.
Weaknesses:
Sensitive, I feel sad if I doesn't complete my work in time.

Format 3

Strengths:
- Not giving up to find the RC of any problem, there is a solution for each problem until I find it.
- gain confidence of customer and colleagues through impressive analysis reports.
- long history in providing support for UNIX based applications making me feel very comfortable in troubleshooting.

Weakness:
I'm a kind of perfectionist guy, so I like to do things to their extreme proper way so that no one can give any negative comment or have a doubt in my analysis, this makes my analysis sometimes a little longer than usual.

Format 4

STRENGTHS:
1.Sincere and dedicated towards assigned job.
2.My management skills makes me a good team leader.
3.Always a cool head under pressure.


WEAKNESS:
1. I often use to copy good things from others.
2. I haven't learn to say "no" to anybody.( I need to work on this in professional life).
3. More preservative nature.



   Question-4: Why do you want to work at our company?


Format 1

Your company is one of the top most company of India and I am a fresher I don't have any experience about the industrial work so sir I want to start my career with your company so I get a better opportunity for me and my knowledge. I want to become a part of your success.

Format 2

Sir.
I am fresher.
I need to improve my skills and my knowledge with experience employee in leading company.
It is useful to my career.
I know that your company has experiences employee and one of the leading company.
So I want to join in your company.

Format 3

Sir,
When I came here, there was just one thing that was in my mind, and that was How would it feel to work in a company with this kind of stature,
What interested me more is that I have been told that the company is known for developing the employees grow professionally.

I am really looking to enhance my professional skills so that I can prove myself to be an asset to the organization and this company gives me all I need.

   Question-5: What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?

Format 1

According to my knowledge Confident persons will not tell the things they will do successfully.
But the Overconfidence people will tell that I can do that, I can do this but they will not do (of course they can't do).

Format 2

Thank you sir for asking me this question.
In my view confidence means "I can crack this interview/exam and I work hard and prepare for it".
But overconfidence "I will crack tihs interview/exam and I sit in my room, watch a movie, and I do nothing for it"

Format 3

I personally don't like the term "over confidence". When a person become successful to do some thing, others congratulate him. And say that he has confidence. And if the same people 'somehow' fails to be successful to do the work, although he has the ability to do so, the same people use the term 'over confident' to describe him. This is the difference.


   Question-6: What is the difference between hard work and smart work?

Format 1

Hard Work:
Sincerity will be there. But most of time prioritizing and short cut not will we there.
Smart work:
Easy way, such as shortcut, one work at a time, delegating work to others, prioritizing will be there, which make easier life and reduce a time.

Format 2

Hard work means working hard.
Smart works means working smart.
Smart can be candid, sharp, and clever but also be cheeky, unlawful and unethical. It is up to individual to interpret and use it.
Hard works not necessarily meant following conventional method. A smart way may require people working hard to finish it.

Format 3

Without any interest and dedication doing the work, felt hard to do It is called hard work.
But with zeal and enthusiasm we will work then we will get new ideas and work happily then our mind will also work smartly So it is called smart work.
In both ways work will be completed. But If we work smartly then we gain happiness which will help us a lot.
Hard work also give the result but it gives us just pain.

   Question-7:How do you feel about working nights and weekends?

Format 1

Yes definitely I would like to work in night and weekend. I am completely fresher and working in night and weekend its useful for my knowledge and also for company. If company required to work in night I will definitely there.

Thanks.

Format 2

Its very true,really no one would like to work at night& weekends.If suppose we are worknig means definitely we cant give our best on next day.It will create a mental
torture to us.

Format 3

Sir, when I hear the words. Working late nights and weekends, I have the same reaction as that of a common man. But instead of that, if you have hired me it should be my duty to do all those things that you want. Either its on weekend or other days. And second thing, if you are letting me to work late night than, it would be beneficial for me too as it will lead you increase my salary and my knowledge. The two main parameters to live life strongly.

    Question-8: Can you work under pressure?

Format 1

Sir, whenever I am in situation like under pressure then that time I stop working for a minute, take a deep breath and try to find out the best possible solution. So I feel I can work under pressure.

Format 2

I am not fully agree with many of my friend's point of view, because pressure only increases nervousness and nothing else, many of the batsman may perform well under pressure but many of them not, as the blood pressure increases the person feels laziness, weakness and faint sometimes and similar when it is low. So one should maintain a balance between their work so that they do not have to work under pressure under any circumstances.

Format 3

A little bit of pressure is always good to keep us going and working hard. Besides, time management is required to handle pressure successfully. So work pressure on me today will help me perform better tomorrow.

Question-9: What Were Your Expectations for the Job?

Expectations

I need some authority to implement my thoughts and ideas, and to help advance the company vision.

Professinal Secretary Expectations

I expect to work in a place where I can use my initiative, competence and ability on the job and to undergo training and development that will enhance my job performance and be compensated for merit and performance.

Field monitor

I expect to develop, grow and take responsibility in the job by focusing on activities geared towards saving lives.

What were your expectation for the job?

My expectation for the job was to be able to utilize my skills and knowledge efficiently and effectively, I also expect career growth personally.

My expectations with large heating co...

Were to have great training in selling B2C in the home as well as great technical training in central heating systems. These were well met and I exceeded my expectations in selling in selling to customers in their homes.

My expectation as a chemical engineer

Even thought that an internship or a co-op is the ultimate opportunity a young engineer can find to apply the skill and knowledge he learned at school, I was looking for more than that. In fact I was willing to learn what any classes could not teach me. Developing people skills was what I was expecting more at my internship, especially for being a young engineer it was a great and memorable experience. After a year, I found myself walking from one department to another one in order to get the information needed to get the tasks assigned completed.

My Expectations

My expectations in this job in your institution that my knowledge and skills would develop in terms of caring patients and to be a well trained nurse, and being a responsible nurse and being flexible in any department where I work in.

Expectations

I expected that I would grow with this company and develop myself.

Expectations as sales executive

As a sales and marketing executive, I expected to be well trained, to be able to fully exploit my skills and ability in this field in order to increase the sales of the company and to be remunerated according to my performance. My expectations were met to a great level even though I didn't get the in-house training.

What were your expectations for the job

In my job as a Secretary Coordinator I was able to explore and used more my communication ability, meet different people. In fact when I was hired I thought I will be a typical secretary, answering phone doing clerical works. Yes sometimes if I have space I do such things but more so I am doing what should be my manger work! If there are rejects items for instance he'll sent me instead. I enjoyed being a field and at the same time office works.The most important thing is I feel the job, I love the job and enjoy it! Enough to meet my expectations.

What are the most important elements

What are the most important elements you are looking for from your employer?

Job Expectations Were Met

In my job as an Activity Asst in an Alzheimer facility, my expectations for EE growth through in-house trainings were met most of the time. I really enjoyed this job as I was able to use my imagination, my ability to teach others, my love of history esp. the WWII era were used in my every day duties. The elderly at this facility were often wrapped in their memories of this era, so being able to reminisce & talk about times that were important to them was really great. I looked forward to going to work & seeing these residents...I was never late for this job, always arrived early & often left late,even after I clocked out. Staff from other depts. & I worked well together, as I would help them whenever I was able. I was one of the few that would recognize that help could come from outside of a dept. & still enable inter-dept. work ethics. I was angry & hurt when I was fired for not following an un-named policy proceedure,& that my intervention efforts went unnoticed/unappreciated.

What Were Your Expectations for the Job?

I expect there should be space for best utilisation of my skill & knowledge. I also expect my growth with respect to growth of company.

My Expectations

I expected the maximum utilization of my skills and knowledge as well as to grow professionally with regards to the course I pursued.

Internal Auditor

I expected to allowed to do my job inline with my experience. In three months I was confirmed as an auditor and in one year I was promoted to the assistant manager internal audit in charge of all the five branches of the company.

Question-10: What were your starting and final levels of compensation?

 

“In my last job I started some 15 years ago, so when I started my salary was only around £12,000 a year. It rose over time, and along with my job title, and it finished at £45,000 with my position as assistant area sales manager. However, included in that package was a very generous pension, a company car, 5 weeks paid holiday, and a lot of free products. I was very happy to see that you are offering a very generous starting salary for this position, and look forward to progressing my career with you.”

“I started at McFarlane’s earning £3.40 per hour as a sixteen year old Saturday employee, and over my 3 years there it rose with my age and position, I am currently being paid £8.90 per hour as I am in a supervisory role. I get free lunch whilst on duty and a discount card for when I am not working. I was looking for a slightly larger wage than you are offering, however given the extra benefits you offer such as staff gym etc., I am quite happy to start at that wage.”

“As I haven’t really had a job as I only left school last month, I can only relate to a paper round I had when I was younger. I was paid £5 per round. I would get small ‘bonuses’ in the form of sweets if I managed to get more customers to take a delivery.”

“I was actually previously self-employed so I could pretty much set my own wage. It would vary each month depending on the amount of sales made etc., but I always limited my ‘income’ to £2000 per month, and would save the rest. That way I always had money for emergencies etc. I think the wage you are offering is very competitive and especially with the bonus structure that you are offering, I would be very happy with it.”

“I was paid a flat rate of £100 per article I wrote, as they tended to be very short articles. My usual rate is £350 per 3000 words, and 3000 words would usually take me one full working day to complete, depending on the subject. So my income was linked very much to how much work I was allocated.”


Question-11:What Were Your Responsibilities in Your Last Job?

During a phone screen or interview, you'll most likely be asked about your responsibilities in your most recent position. It's important for hiring managers to know your contributions to your previous company to see how you will fit into their organization. Therefore, when answering this question, you'll want to show the interviewer how your past experience will translate to future success with their company.

Sell Yourself While Being Honest

It might be tempting to exaggerate your past experience to seem like the most qualified candidate, however, this can cause major problems. When performing a reference check, if the interviewer were to find you have embellished, you could be removed from consideration for the job. Instead, truthfully sell your responsibilities to the interviewer, while relating them to responsibilities for the role. Remember to relate larger responsibilities in the scope of the company as a whole, rather than focusing on your day-to-day, routine tasks.

Be Relevant to the Position

When describing your past responsibilities, it's important to relate them to the requirements of the role. By specifically tailoring your answers to address the role's requirements, you can prove that you have the qualifications needed to succeed in the role and contribute to the success of the company.

Don't Rely on Your Resume

Finally, don't read off your resume when talking about your past responsibilities. The interviewer has already seen this and resumes tend to include only general responsibilities and achievements. In the interview, you should go into more detail about specific responsibilities (though, skip over daily duties) and how you performed them, and their importance to the overall business.
Example:
You're interviewing for a customer support role that required excellent communications skills, experience providing service over the phone and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Poor answer: "I answered answer customers' questions over the phone and though email."
Good answer: "As a Customer Service Representative at one of the nation's largest cable providers, we had hundreds of requests daily. While some matters involved relatively standard assistance, many others required a high amount of care and attention. My responsibilities included answering customer requests via phone and email, upselling customers to more robust plans, and updating customers' most current contact information and adjusting their accounts, all while upholding our standard of excellent customer service. I logged any issues that surfaced into a database and forwarded those issues to our product team for investigation. In addition, I updated and maintained the schedules of our support technicians who traveled to the homes of our customers to provide cable set up and technical assistance. All customer requests were taken care of swiftly and accurately, leading the company to receive higher customer service ratings than our competitors."

Be prepared to answer this question in interviews, because employers will ask it to verify your qualifications and determine how well you will fit into the organization. By adding detail and description to your responsibilities, taking into account the requirements of the position you're interviewing for, and selling yourself without embellishing, you will "wow" potential employers and stand out against the competition.


Question-12: How Did You Handle Challenges?

 When asked the job interview question "How did you handle a challenge?" be sure to include specific examples of how you handled a particular difficult situation. Discuss how you researched the issue and contributed to finding a solution. Examples of good responses include:
  • During a difficult financial period, I was able to satisfactorily negotiate repayment schedules with multiple vendors.
  • When the software development of our new product stalled, I coordinated the team which managed to get the schedule back on track. We were able to successfully troubleshoot the issues and solve the problems, within a very short period of time.
  • A long-term client was about to take their business to a competitor. I met with the customer and was able to change how we handled the account on a day-to-day basis, in order to keep the business. 

Question-13: What Have You Learned From Your Mistakes?

hen asked the job interview question "What have you learned from your mistakes?" be sure to give examples that turn a negative (a mistake) into a positive. Examples of good responses include:
  • I think one of the most important things I've learned is persistence. Not to give up too soon, because the solution is probably right in front of me.
  • I have learned to give every person a second chance, because first impressions can often be misleading.
  • I used to think that there was one best solution to a problem, but I've learned that that kind of thinking limits the possibility of great success.
Questions-14:What motivates you to do good job?
There isn't a right or wrong answer to interview questions about what motivates you. The interviewer is trying to understand the key to your being successful in the job he is interviewing for, and wants to make sure it's a good fit. Consider, in advance of interviewing, what actually does motivate you and come up with some specific examples to share during the interview.
Your response will vary based on your background and experiences, but, you will want to share your enthusiasm and what you like(d) best about your job. Here are some examples:
  • I was responsible for several projects where I directed development teams and implemented repeatable processes. The teams achieved 100% on-time delivery of software products. I was motivated both by the challenge of finishing the projects ahead of schedule and by managing the teams that achieved our goals.
  • I've always been motivated by the desire to do a good job at whatever position I'm in. I want to excel and to be successful in my job, both for my own personal satisfaction and for my employer.
  • I have always wanted to ensure that my company's clients get the best customer service I can provide. I've always felt that it's important, both to me personally, and for the company and the clients, to provide a positive customer experience.
  • I have spent my career in sales, typically in commission-based positions, and compensation has always been a strong factor in motivating me to be the top salesperson at my prior employers. 

 Questions-15: What makes you angry?

Give an answer that’s suited to both your personality and the management style of the firm. Here, the homework you’ve done about the company and its style can help in your choice of words.

Examples: If you are a reserved person and/or the corporate culture is coolly professional:

“I’m an even-tempered and positive person by nature, and I believe this helps me a great deal in keeping my department running smoothly, harmoniously and with a genuine esprit de corps. I believe in communicating clearly what’s expected, getting people’s commitment to those goals, and then following up continuously to check progress.”

“If anyone or anything is going off track, I want to know about it early. If, after that kind of open communication and follow up, someone isn’t getting the job done, I’ll want to know why. If there’s no good reason, then I’ll get impatient and angry…and take appropriate steps from there. But if you hire good people, motivate them to strive for excellence and then follow up constantly, it almost never gets to that state.”

If you are feisty by nature and/or the position calls for a tough straw boss.

“You know what makes me angry? People who (the fill in the blanks with the most objectionable traits for this type of position)…people who don’t pull their own weight, who are negative, people who lie…etc.”

 

 Questions-16: Aren't you overqualified for this position? 

 As with any objection, don't view this as a sign of imminent defeat. It's an invitation to teach the interviewer a new way to think about this situation, seeing advantages instead of drawbacks.
Example: "I recognize the job market for what it is - a marketplace. Like any marketplace, it's subject to the laws of supply and demand. So 'overqualified' can be a relative term, depending on how tight the job market is. And right now, it's very tight. I understand and accept that."
"I also believe that there could be very positive benefits for both of us in this match."

"Because of my unusually strong experience in ________________ , I could start to contribute right away, perhaps much faster than someone who'd have to be brought along more slowly."
"There's also the value of all the training and years of experience that other companies have invested tens of thousands of dollars to give me. You'd be getting all the value of that without having to pay an extra dime for it. With someone who has yet to acquire that experience, he'd have to gain it on your nickel."

"I could also help you in many things they don't teach at the Harvard Business School. For example…(how to hire, train, motivate, etc.) When it comes to knowing how to work well with people and getting the most out of them, there's just no substitute for what you learn over many years of front-line experience. You company would gain all this, too."

"From my side, there are strong benefits, as well. Right now, I am unemployed. I want to work, very much, and the position you have here is exactly what I love to do and am best at. I'll be happy doing this work and that's what matters most to me, a lot more that money or title."
"Most important, I'm looking to make a long term commitment in my career now. I've had enough of job-hunting and want a permanent spot at this point in my career. I also know that if I perform this job with excellence, other opportunities cannot help but open up for me right here. In time, I'll find many other ways to help this company and in so doing, help myself. I really am looking to make a long-term commitment."
 
NOTE: The main concern behind the "overqualified" question is that you will leave your new employer as soon as something better comes your way. Anything you can say to demonstrate the sincerity of your commitment to the employer and reassure him that you're looking to stay for the long-term will help you overcome this objection. 

 

Question-17: Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Reassure your interviewer that you're looking to make a long-term commitment…that this position entails exactly what you're looking to do and what you do extremely well. As for your future, you believe that if you perform each job at hand with excellence, future opportunities will take care of themselves.

Example: "I am definitely interested in making a long-term commitment to my next position. Judging by what you've told me about this position, it's exactly what I'm looking for and what I am very well qualified to do. In terms of my future career path, I'm confident that if I do my work with excellence, opportunities will inevitable open up for me. It's always been that way in my career, and I'm confident I'll have similar opportunities here." 

 

Question-18: Would you lie for the company? 

Try to avoid choosing between two values, giving a positive statement which covers all bases instead.
Example: "I would never do anything to hurt the company.."
If aggressively pressed to choose between two competing values, always choose personal integrity. It is the most prized of all values. 

Question-19: Could you have done better in your last job?

Again never be negative.
Example: "I suppose with the benefit of hindsight you can always find things to do better, of course, but off the top of my head, I can't think of anything of major consequence."
(If more explanation seems necessary)
Describer a situation that didn't suffer because of you but from external conditions beyond your control.
For example, describe the disappointment you felt with a test campaign, new product launch, merger, etc., which looked promising at first, but led to underwhelming results. "I wish we could have known at the start what we later found out (about the economy turning, the marketplace changing, etc.), but since we couldn't, we just had to go for it. And we did learn from it…" 

 Question-20: Why aren't you earning more money at this stage of your career? 

You like to make money, but other factors are even more important.
Example: "Making money is very important to me, and one reason I'm here is because I'm looking to make more. Throughout my career, what's been even more important to me is doing work I really like to do at the kind of company I like and respect. (Then be prepared to be specific about what your ideal position and company would be like, matching them as closely as possible to the opportunity at hand. 

Question-21: Who has inspired you in your life and why?  

Have a few heroes in mind, from your mental "Board of Directors" - Leaders in your industry, from history or anyone else who has been your mentor.
Be prepared to give examples of how their words, actions or teachings have helped inspire your achievements. As always, prepare an answer which highlights qualities that would be highly valuable in the position you are seeking. 

Question-22: What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?

Be prepared with a good example, explaining why the decision was difficult…the process you followed in reaching it…the courageous or effective way you carried it out…and the beneficial results. 

Question-23: Tell me about the most boring job you've ever had.  

You have never allowed yourself to grow bored with a job and you can't understand it when others let themselves fall into that rut.
Example: "Perhaps I've been fortunate, but that I've never found myself bored with any job I have ever held. I've always enjoyed hard work. As with actors who feel there are no small parts, I also believe that in every company or department there are exciting challenges and intriguing problems crying out for energetic and enthusiastic solutions. If you're bored, it's probably because you're not challenging yourself to tackle those problems right under your nose." 

Question-24: I'm concerned that you don't have as much experience as we'd like in…  

More specifically, when the interviewer poses as objection like this, you should…
1. Agree on the importance of this qualification.
2. Explain that your strength may be indeed be greater than your resume indicates because…
3. When this strength is added to your other strengths, it's really your combination of qualifications that's most important.

Then review the areas of your greatest strengths that match up most favorably with the company's most urgently-felt wants and needs.

This is powerful way to handle this question for two reasons. First, you're giving your interviewer more ammunition in the area of his concern. But more importantly, you're shifting his focus away from this one, isolated area and putting it on the unique combination of strengths you offer, strengths which tie in perfectly with his greatest wants. 

Question-25: What do you see as the proper role/mission of… 

Think of the most essential ingredients of success for each category above - your job title, your role as manager, your firm's role, etc.

Identify at least three but no more than six qualities you feel are most important to success in each role. Then commit your response to memory.

Here, again, the more information you've already drawn out about the greatest wants and needs of the interviewer, and the more homework you've done to identify the culture of the firm, the more on-target your answer will be.

Question-26: Do you have the stomach to fire people? Have you had experience firing many people?

Describe the rational and sensible management process you follow in both hiring and firing.
Example: "My whole management approach is to hire the best people I can find, train them thoroughly and well, get them excited and proud to be part of our team, and then work with them to achieve our goals together. If you do all of that right, especially hiring the right people, I've found you don't have to fire very often.

"So with me, firing is a last resort. But when it's got to be done, it's got to be done, and the faster and cleaner, the better. A poor employee can wreak terrible damage in undermining the morale of an entire team of good people. When there's no other way, I've found it's better for all concerned to act decisively in getting rid of offenders who won't change their ways."  

Question-27: Why have you had so many jobs?  


First, before you even get to the interview stage, you should try to minimize your image as job hopper. If there are several entries on your resume of less than one year, consider eliminating the less important ones. Perhaps you can specify the time you spent at previous positions in rounded years not in months and years.

Example: Instead of showing three positions this way:
6/1982 - 3/1983, Position A;
4/1983 - 12/1983, Position B;
1/1984 - 8/1987, Position C;
…it would be better to show simply:
1982 - 1983, Position A;
1984 - 1987 Position C.

In other words, you would drop Position B altogether. Notice what a difference this makes in reducing your image as a job hopper.

Once in front of the interviewer and this question comes up, you must try to reassure him. Describe each position as part of an overall pattern of growth and career destination.
Be careful not to blame other people for your frequent changes. But you can and should attribute certain changes to conditions beyond your control.

Example: Thanks to an upcoming merger, you wanted to avoid an ensuing bloodbath, so you made a good, upward career move before your department came under the axe of the new owners.
If possible, also show that your job changes were more frequent in your younger days, while you were establishing yourself, rounding out your skills and looking for the right career path. At this stage in your career, you're certainly much more interested in the best long-term opportunity.
You might also cite the job(s) where you stayed the longest and describe that this type of situation is what you're looking for now. 

Question-28: What would you say to your boss if he's crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks?

Remember the rule stated earlier: In any conflict between values, always choose integrity.
Example: I believe that when evaluating anything, it's important to emphasize the positive. What do I like about this idea?"

"Then, if you have reservations, I certainly want to point them out, as specifically, objectively and factually as I can." "After all, the most important thing I owe my boss is honesty. If he can't count on me for that, then everything else I may do or say could be questionable in his eyes."

"But I also want to express my thoughts in a constructive way. So my goal in this case would be to see if my boss and I could make his idea even stronger and more appealing, so that it effectively overcomes any initial reservation I or others may have about it."

"Of course, if he overrules me and says, 'no, let's do it my way,' then I owe him my full and enthusiastic support to make it work as best it can."  

Question-29: How could you have improved your career progress? 

You're generally quite happy with your career progress. Maybe, if you had known something earlier in life (impossible to know at the time, such as the booming growth in a branch in your industry…or the corporate downsizing that would phase out your last job), you might have moved in a certain direction sooner.

But all things considered, you take responsibility for where you are, how you've gotten there, where you are going…and you harbor no regrets.  

Question-30: How many hours a week do you normally work?

If you are in fact a workaholic and you sense this company would like that: Say you are a confirmed workaholic, that you often work nights and weekends. Your family accepts this because it makes you fulfilled.

If you are not a workaholic: Say you have always worked hard and put in long hours. It goes with the territory. It one sense, it's hard to keep track of the hours because your work is a labor of love, you enjoy nothing more than solving problems. So you're almost  always thinking about your work, including times when you're home, while shaving in the morning, while commuting, etc.  

Question-31: "The Salary Question" - How much money do you want?

For maximum salary negotiating power, remember these five guidelines:
1. Never bring up salary. Let the interviewer do it first. Good salespeople sell their products thoroughly before talking price. So should you. Make the interviewer want you first, and your bargaining position will be much stronger.
2. If your interviewer raises the salary question too early, before you've had a chance to create desire for your qualifications, postpone the question, saying something like, "Money is important to me, but is not my main concern. Opportunity and growth are far more important. What I'd rather do, if you don't mind, is explore if I'm right for the position, and then talk about money. Would that be okay?"
3. The #1 rule of any negotiation is: the side with more information wins. After you've done a thorough job of selling the interviewer and it's time to talk salary, the secret is to get the employer talking about what he's willing to pay before you reveal what you're willing to accept. So, when asked about salary, respond by asking, "I'm sure the company has already established a salary range for this position. Could you tell me what that is?" Or, "I want an income commensurate with my ability and qualifications. I trust you'll be fair with me. What does the position pay?" Or, more simply, "What does this position pay?"
4. Know beforehand what you'd accept. To know what's reasonable, research the job market and this position for any relevant salary information. Remember that most executives look for a 20-25%$ pay boost when they switch jobs. If you're grossly underpaid, you may want more.
5. Never lie about what you currently make, but feel free to include the estimated cost of all your fringes, which could well tack on 25-50% more to your present "cash-only" salary.  

Question-32: Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within? 

Help him see the qualifications that only you can offer.

Example: "In general, I think it's a good policy to hire from within - to look outside probably means you're not completely comfortable choosing someone from inside.

"Naturally, you want this department to be as strong as it possibly can be, so you want the strongest candidate. I feel that I can fill that bill because…(then recap your strongest qualifications that match up with his greatest needs)."  

Question-33: On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.  

Once again, never be negative. The interviewer will only resent criticism coming from you. This is the time to show your positivism.

However, don't give a numerical rating. Simply praise whatever interview style he's been using.
If he's been tough, say "You have been thorough and tough-minded, the very qualities needed to conduct a good interview." If he's been methodical, say, "You have been very methodical and analytical, and I'm sure that approach results in excellent hires for your firm."

In other words, pay him a sincere compliment that he can believe because it's anchored in the behavior you've just seen.  


1 comments:

  1. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. Thank you for valuable suggestions.Auslogics BoostSpeed 9.1.4.0

    ReplyDelete

 
blog search directory
myows online copyright protection
Technology Blogs - Blog Rankings